Help & Support
LBC Podcasts iPhone/iPad App Help
Our iPhone/iPad app allows you to download podcasts straight to your device, without the need to go through iTunes.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, you will need to log in to the LBC Podcasts website. Click on My Account and you will see a link titled Change Password.
How do I cancel my subscription?
Your subscription is auto-renewing and is controlled by Apple through their In-App purchasing. You can cancel your subscription at any time on your device.
To do this:
- From your device's Home screen, tap App Store.
- Tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Tap the Apple ID button in the lower-left corner. (If you are not signed in, tap the Sign In button, and sign in with your Apple ID. Then, scroll back to the bottom of the page, and tap the Apple ID button.)
- Tap the View Apple ID button.
- Enter your Apple password (this may be different to your LBC Podcasts password) and tap OK.
- From the main account page, scroll down and tap Manage App Subscriptions.
- You'll then be taken to your App Subscriptions page.
- Select LBC Podcasts, then tap On to toggle the switch to Off.
- On the pop-up box, tap Turn Off.
If you subscribed to LBC Podcasts via our app, this is the only way you can cancel your subscription. You cannot do it on the LBC Podcasts website.
How do I update my email address?
To update your email address, you will need to log in to the LBC Podcasts website. Click on My Account and you will be able to change your email address.
My credit card has expired
If you subscribed through the iPhone app, the subscription will have gone through our Apple’s In-App purchase system. You need to update your credit card details with Apple.
To do this:
- From your device's Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap iTunes & App Stores.
- Tap your Apple ID. (If you aren't signed in, enter your Apple ID and password and tap Sign In.)
- Tap View Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID password (this may be different to your LBC Podcasts password_).
- In the Edit section, tap Payment Information.
- Update the information that you want to change.
- Tap the Done button when you're finished.
I believe I have a subscription but I cannot download podcasts
Log in to the LBC Podcasts app. Tap on the Menu button in the top left-hand corner and click on “My Account” in the top bar. This will tell you whether you have an active subscription.
If you haven’t cancelled the repeat agreement, but your subscription has expired, it is possible the card you used when you created the account has expired. See above for how to update your credit card settings.
Make sure you are connected to a wifi network before you download a podcast as this will increase download speeds.
If your subscription is active, but you still can’t download podcasts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How big are the podcast files I am downloading?
A three-hour radio show (around a 2hr 15m podcast) will be around 56MB. If you are downloading the podcasts over 3G/4G, data charges may apply. You can select to only download over wifi in the settings menu.